The Islamic Center of the Capital District (ICCD) of New York is a non-profit, non-political, religious and educational institute.The purpose of the ICCD is to advance the teachings of Islam according to the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and to serve the Muslim community in the Upstate New York area. We also hope to serve as a bridge between the Muslim and non-Muslim communities here in the Upstate New York Capital District area, and to promote mutual learning and understanding.
With the objectives of (a) providing services to the Muslim community and (b) bringing together the Muslim and non-Muslim communities in the area, the ICCD does the following:
- Holds congregational prayers and Islamic religious ceremonies at proper times.
- Conducts marriages and wedding services.
- Provides funeral services (janaza prayers) and access to a Muslim cemetery.
- Holds fast-breaking dinners and night prayers during the month of Ramadan.
- Advances Islamic education through regular classes and special programs.
- Holds interfaith dialogs and learning sessions with local churches, synagogues, and other places of worship.
- Participates in a variety of community service activities, including clothing and blood drives.
The mosque is open for all five daily prayers, at the times on the left. Everyone is welcome to attend these prayer services.For more information, please send us a message or call (518)370-2664